Eating specific foods with braces can be a difficult task. Here is a list of a couple foods to be mindful of while you are undergoing orthodontic treatment:
- Ice (even if you are careful)
- Jolly Ranchers, snickers and other hard or chewy candy.
- Gum of any kind
- Hard chips like Doritos
- Carrots, apples and pears etc. should be cut into small pieces
- Stay away from the bottom of a popcorn bag- the hard kernels are bad news.
- Meat should be cut off the bone, not chewed off.
- Corn on the cob should be sliced off
- Pizza crust, bagels and French bread should be broken into bite sized pieces.
- Pens, pencils and fingernails should not be bit down on as they will also damage the braces.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding eating with orthodontic appliances, please give Power Ranch Dental a call at (480) 988-2282.